Hello, blogging/blog reading friends. I’m here to discuss… the different types of posts. Because all blogs are like complex creatures that hold different things. Or… something like that? Anyways, I’m pretty sure that everyone has a specific favorite type of post. Mine personally is probably discussion?? And I know that a lot of others prefer discussion, too, but some also enjoy reading tags & etc. So.. this is a list. In case you wanted to /spice/ your blog up.
[regarding book blogs. because i am one.]
A type of post where you usually have an original idea and put your take on it, and then leave questions so that you guys can talk it out in the comments.
So, like I said before, this is one of my FAVORITES. Because they are always so interesting? And I like interesting stuff?
- Usually higher stats
- More helpful
- More interactive with viewers (aka they have more to talk about)
- Usually relatable
- I like these. (Which totally counts, okay?)
- Bruh, you have to ACTUALLY THINK FOR THESE.
- Like, think up ideas?
- THINKING IS HARD.
A post where you review a book.
Hmmmmmm.. I feel like the blogosphere is populated by book blogs who only do reviews. Which is.. just a thing that I don’t like. I really enjoy seeing original content, and usually the only time I like reviews is when a) they have personality in them + they’re funny or entertaining and b) when it’s about a book I hate/love/want to read/read
- If you’ve already typed up your review (which if you’re not a procrastinating nugget like me, you probably have) then just copy & paste the html, add some gifs + glitter, and VOILA. YOU are DONE.
- Unless you’re a reviews only blog, your stats probably suffer. This is from what I know personally.
- Usually not as much viewer interaction. The reviews that I’ve seen usually have less comments, sometimes even just none.
- I don’t like these as much (and YES THAT IS A REAL CON. EVERYTHING NEEDS TO PLEASE ME.)
Tags: Doing a tag that someone has tagged you in and usually answering questions or prompts.
Memes: Doing a prompt and usually listing things in response.
Awards: Usually answering questions about yourself if someone has awarded you and awarding others.
I just kind of… grouped these all together. Because they mostly consist of talking about things that have already been established or answering questions.
- They are fairly easier. Unless, like me, you are constantly trying to wrack your brain for witty answers. If you answer straightforwardly, just answer them and YOU ARE DONE.
- Sometimes they get super overused. Like, REALLY overused. On Tuesdays my feed is FILLED with these posts.. there are only so many posts with 10 books about heroines that you can read, oKAY?
- According to someone, sometimes people don’t even go on WordPress on Tuesdays/Wednesdays because usually not that much original content.
- If you just post the facts, without any actual insider context or text, then… there’s not much to talk about. For example: the Waiting on Wednesday. If you’re just listing three books that you want to read, is it REALLY interesting? *close-up of my face* IS IT REALLY?
(This is just my personal opinion, of which I think others may possibly agree? Please do not be offended.)
Usually a post about things that have happened recently, usually about your blog or your life or your writing or everything that ever existed.
Now, I actually love reading these! If there’s interesting stuff in it, of course. And not just listing the books you have read. And then ending the post.
- You can just list stuff that has happened. Boom. A POST.
- And usually it’s actually interesting?? (As long as you have something besides stats and just books you want to read. Give me something witty.)
- These don’t always get the best stats?? It really depends. (My Writing Updates post went well, but my May Wrap Up post didn’t do the best.)
- Also, if you’re just listing the amount of books you read over the month, I ask once again, IS IT REALLY INTERESTING.
So, anyways, I swear I wasn’t pointing anyone out or anything, this is just my personal preference.
Also, today is Sunday (this is a scheduled post) and I’m most likely going to be at Bookcon! WHOWHOWHOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
What types of posts do you like reading the most? Why? Do you love any of the stuff that I love?